A special congratulations to Teresa Focha, who was announced tonight as MAAC’s Swimmer of the Year! Way to go!
Don’t forget to RSVP to your e-vite for the annual meeting tomorrow night (Monday). See you there!
Effective Monday, Feb. 12th, all AM practices will begin at 5:30am. On Mondays and Wednesdays, practice will end at 6:10am. Practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays will end at 6:30am. The college is requiring this change in order to allow personnel to test the water before practice.
Since two of our practice times will be shortened, Community Ed is working on calculations to make up for the lost practice time.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
For clarity, the new morning schedule is listed below:
- Monday: 5:30 – 6:10am
- Tuesday: 5:30 – 6:30am
- Wednesday: 5:30 – 6:10am
- Thursday: 5:30 – 6:30am
We’re almost at the end of Miles in the Pool! The Kings are still in first place, and the Queens have moved into second place! Here are the results after Week 3:
- KINGS – 363,900 yards
- QUEENS – 317,300 yards
- JOKERS – 317,150 yards
- JACKS – 311,150 yards
Individual Top 10:
- Helander, Rick – Kings – 68,250
- Focha, Jessica – Kings – 60,650
- Focha, Teresa – Jacks – 58,000
- Jespersen, Lynsey – Queens – 56,150
- Ravaglioli, Doug – Jokers – 53,050
- Crosbie, Lisa – Jokers – 52,700
- Zador, Erik – Queens – 47,500
- Jackson, Bronwyn – Queens – 45,750
- Metcalfe, Elliott – Jokers – 45,050
- Mensonides, Lewis – Queens – 43,950
Our 11:30am practice will be cancelled on Friday, Feb. 2nd, but Ripon Aquatics has graciously offered to have us at their pool to swim our Miles in the Pool workout. If you want to join, we’ll be in Ripon from 5:30am-6:30am.
We’re halfway done with Miles in the Pool! It’s still anyone’s race! Here are the results after Week 2:
- KINGS – 229,400 yards
- JOKERS – 215,150 yards
- QUEENS – 210,050 yards
- JACKS – 205,300 yards
Individual Top 10:
- Helander, Rick – Kings – 45,150
- Focha, Teresa – Jacks – 41,450
- Jespersen, Lynsey – Queens – 38,450
- Focha, Jessica – Kings – 38,300
- Crosbie, Lisa – Jokers – 37,350
- Ravaglioli, Doug – Jokers – 33,900
- Jackson, Bronwyn – Queens – 31,500
- Metcalfe, Elliott – Jokers – 30,400
- Hobbs, Erin – Jacks – 30,100
- Zador, Erik – Queens – 29,350
A few extra updates:
- Don’t forget to pay your February dues.
- The MAAC Annual meeting and potluck dinner will be on Monday, Feb. 12th at 6pm. Please check your email for more details and RSVP to the e-vite.
- There will be no noon practice on Friday, Feb. 2nd. There will be PM practice that day.
There will be no noon practice on Friday, Feb. 2nd due to an MJC swim meet. (There will still be PM practice.)
Practice will be cancelled for all times on Friday, Feb. 16th, Saturday, Feb. 17th and Monday, Feb. 19th in honor of Presidents Day.
We just finished the first week of Miles in the Pool, and it’s a close competition! Keep up the great work! Here are the results so far…
- KINGS – 118,000 yards
- JOKERS – 117,800 yards
- QUEENS – 97,450 yards
- JACKS – 86,450 yards
Individual Top 10:
- Helander, Rick – Kings – 23,300
- Crosbie, Lisa – Jokers – 18,750
- Jespersen, Lynsey – Queens – 18,450
- Focha, Teresa – Jacks – 18,350
- Ravaglioli, Doug – Jokers – 18,100
- Focha, Jessica – Kings – 16,650
- Rose, Sheila – Jokers – 16,000
- Hobbs, Erin – Jacks – 15,800
- Fahlen, Mark – Kings – 15,800
- Mensonides, Lewis – Queens – 15,000
A community fundraising opportunity for MAAC – gather 20+ people to volunteer at the Modesto Marathon, and they will donate money to our organization! Shifts are available to help at the Expo on Saturday, March 10 or on the race course on Sunday, March 11.
Volunteers will receive: Volunteer shirt and invite to a volunteer appreciation picnic. Minors can volunteer, but must have parental consent or be accompanied by an adult (depending on the circumstances).
Sign up with the link below and let them know you are with MAAC!