The 2018 Pacific Masters Short Course Championships are coming up in April. Register online here.
Just a reminder that March dues will be due on Thursday, March 1st.
Please join MAAC and the MAAC Board in supporting the Ryan Michael Barber Memorial Fund. Donations are tax deductible (per your accountant) and support the restoration of the Graceada Swimming Pool. More info here.
A big welcome to MAAC’s 2018 Board!
President: Rich Chaffey
Vice President: Kathy Sandner
Treasurer: Kathy Miedema
Secretary: Heather Freitas
Special thanks to outgoing president Sheila Rose, treasurer Jennifer Hodges and secretary Kathy Parks for all of their hard work!
Congratulations to everyone on an incredible 2018 Miles in the Pool! MAAC swam a total of 1,770,650 yards! Here are the final results:
- KINGS – 488,850 yards
- JACKS – 440,150 yards
- QUEENS – 430,450 yards
- JOKERS – 417,200 yards
Individual Top 10:
- Helander, Rick – Kings – 91,800
- Focha, Jessica – Kings – 83,200
- Jespersen, Lynsey – Queens – 77,150
- Focha, Teresa – Jacks – 73,950
- Ravaglioli, Doug – Jokers – 67,600
- Crosbie, Lisa – Jokers – 65,450
- Hobbs, Erin – Jacks – 62,700
- Zador, Erik – Queens – 62,050
- Metcalfe, Elliott – Jokers – 59,600
- Fahlen, Mark – Kings – 56,550
Reminder: Practice will be cancelled for all times on Friday, Feb. 16th, Saturday, Feb. 17th and Monday, Feb. 19th in honor of Presidents Day.
A special congratulations to Teresa Focha, who was announced tonight as MAAC’s Swimmer of the Year! Way to go!
Don’t forget to RSVP to your e-vite for the annual meeting tomorrow night (Monday). See you there!
Effective Monday, Feb. 12th, all AM practices will begin at 5:30am. On Mondays and Wednesdays, practice will end at 6:10am. Practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays will end at 6:30am. The college is requiring this change in order to allow personnel to test the water before practice.
Since two of our practice times will be shortened, Community Ed is working on calculations to make up for the lost practice time.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
For clarity, the new morning schedule is listed below:
- Monday: 5:30 – 6:10am
- Tuesday: 5:30 – 6:30am
- Wednesday: 5:30 – 6:10am
- Thursday: 5:30 – 6:30am
We’re almost at the end of Miles in the Pool! The Kings are still in first place, and the Queens have moved into second place! Here are the results after Week 3:
- KINGS – 363,900 yards
- QUEENS – 317,300 yards
- JOKERS – 317,150 yards
- JACKS – 311,150 yards
Individual Top 10:
- Helander, Rick – Kings – 68,250
- Focha, Jessica – Kings – 60,650
- Focha, Teresa – Jacks – 58,000
- Jespersen, Lynsey – Queens – 56,150
- Ravaglioli, Doug – Jokers – 53,050
- Crosbie, Lisa – Jokers – 52,700
- Zador, Erik – Queens – 47,500
- Jackson, Bronwyn – Queens – 45,750
- Metcalfe, Elliott – Jokers – 45,050
- Mensonides, Lewis – Queens – 43,950